Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Build up to a Breakdown

Now, the point of this whole experiment is to examine the oft-hilarious differences between what "the stars" are telling me and what they're telling my Taurus. Typically, the stars tell me how fantastic I am while cautioning my Taurus against such thinking. I was both relieved, and a bit saddened, by our horoscopes for today (once again supplied by Astrology.com):

Virgo: Your desire to make progress today is hampered by the reality of the situation — but that’s not to say that you should give up! You can make slow progress if you swallow your pride.

Now, this is not necessarily an atypical horoscope for me. There's still the stars giving me a little nudge in the positive direction. I'm still being told to hustle forward instead of checking myself and re-evaluating what I'm doing. However, it's like the stars are finally realizing that they should probably stop giving me gold stars just for making great coffee everyday and smiling

So now I'm being told to keep my pride in check - which, inadvertently they've no doubt had a hand in inflating. But that doesn't mean that they're not still right behind me like an over-encouraging parent giving me a gentle kick in the pants with the ever-helpful phrase "that doesn't mean you should give up!"

I'm pretty sure the only reason they're acting this way is because they were too busy trying to cheer up the sad, depressed Tauruses:

Taurus: Your financial issues are hurting you more than you think, but the good news is that you've got the mental energy to tackle them in a big way today. Life just gets better as a result.

It's like they realized what downers they've been in the past towards the Tauruses ("Don't trust your impulses," "Listen to other people, they know more than you," "Tread carefully where you're not familiar," etc) that they decided to coddle the horned Eeyores that they'd created.

So that's fine, send some encouragement their way because, as an avid reader of their downtrodden astrological readings, I can tell that they need it. Another day of being beaten down by being told how incompetent they are would have probably resulted in a few offing themselves and the stars don't want that do they? So really it's practically their job to remind the Tauruses that "Life just gets better as a result."

As I've reminded my Taurus though, they probably shouldn't get used to such positivity from the stars. Because it's inevitable that tomorrow they'll be cautioned to take two steps back again.


-The Virgo


No comments:

Post a Comment