Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Stabilizing Vs Changing

Back from a vacation in Charleston, I'm feeling freshly motivated (and feeling awesomely peppy thanks to Cee Lo Green's new song, "Fuck You") and I've also decided to try out a new horoscope website, Horoscope.com. This is why I like horoscope sites, so far, they're very blunt in their URLs. Now, Horoscopes.com is a little more involved than Astrology.com, it seems to take itself a lot more seriously. And it's drawings of the signs are pretty damn creepy.
(On the left, the sign for Virgo from Horoscopes.Com, on the right, one from Astrology.com)

So perhaps Horoscope.com is geared more towards those that enjoy delving into their astrological signs more so than the average person (how this explains their "Cast A Spell!" and "Rub Buddha's Belly" games, I have no idea). However, despite my (desired) superficial attitude towards horoscopes, I'm still going to use them this time.

Virgo: There may be some tension today as you try to stabilize your emotions, Virgo. There could be a force at work out there that's rather impersonal and detached. More than likely, this force doesn't relate as much to how you feel as it does to how well you've done the job. Stick to your tasks in a practical, grounded manner.

So far the only tension I've felt today is my guilt over watching the Daily Show instead of doing dishes. Nevertheless, I can't help but relate this to my current job search (which has mostly consisted of me goofing around on Craigslist and trying ever so hard to avoid the m4m Casual Encounters page [a distraction that apparently no longer exists]) that at times seems full with promise. So I suppose, in a way, I'm still getting the same advice that they (those ever-present, all knowing, planets and stars) seem to always give me, no matter what verbage they use: Keep on doing what you're doing! All I have to do is...uh....stabilize my emotions....which apparently means to not get too excited or depressed about something and stick to my tasks without getting too haughty about it (as long as I get that precious gold star at the end). Truly, truly insightful. For now though, I'm going to sit on my ass, eat tortellini, and scour craigslist.

Taurus:
Feel free to take care of any restructuring in your life that needs to be done now, Taurus. Change may be a bit scary at first, but realize that it's a necessary variable in order to make progress. You may not have to change your focus or destination too much, but it's possible that you'll need to adjust your course to get there.

As always, Tauruses (Taurusii?) are being told that there's something inherently wrong with them that needs to be changed. "You're just not QUITE there yet, but with a little more here and there you can truly begin to progress!" Yes that's right, there's something wrong with you, and there's something wrong with the way that you do things. You don't just need to restructure your LIFE, but you need to adjust the course that you're taking. Meaning, perhaps my Taurus should be job-hunting right next to me. Eh? Eh?

(Also, to spare you from horror, I decided not to post the Horoscope.com Taurus picture. If you'd really like to imagine it, here's my best description: Anorexic drag queen dressed as Gary Oldman from Dracula and holding a stuffed bull. Lovely, isn't it?)

No comments:

Post a Comment